home for sale real estate for sale by owner

House for rent


Carbondale, Illinois
in the Arbor District



804 W. Cherry St.

804 W. Cherry is a classic bungalow built in 1924. It is part of the historic streetscape that includes Tudor Revivals, Dutch Colonial revivals, Queen Ann and Cape Cods. Three doors down, on the corner of Cherry and Forest, Buckminster Fuller built a geodesic dome, the last home that Fuller occupied.

The house has three bedrooms, one bath, and a full basement. An enclosed front porch provides a 3-season room overlooking Cherry Street. It was fully restored in 2013 with an updated kitchen with granite counters, a tiled bathroom, and refinished hardwood floors in the remainder of the house.

The neighborhood where the house is located is one of the most desirable in Carbondale. It is a favorite of professors at SIUC and professionals. The house is 4 blocks from Memorial Hospital and 4 blocks from SIUC. Schnucks Grocery, banks, downtown, and other services are in easy walking distance.

The house is zoned R-1, which means no more than two unrelated adults may live there.

 Please contact D. Gorton (618) 457-8228 dgorton@dgorton.com